Day & Date: Friday, Feb. 14th, 2020
Time: 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon
Panjab University, Chandigarh
Outline of the talk:
- Learn about The Stage-Gate Process and how students, faculty and administration at Panjab University can drive innovation with the Stage-Gate Process.
- Learn how large corporates are using this and managing product innovation.
- Understand how Stage-Gate model takes the often complex and chaotic process of taking an idea from discovery to launch and breaks it down into smaller Stages (where project activities are conducted) and Gates (where business evaluations and Go/Kill decisions are made).
- Benefits of Stage-Gate Process
- Better in-market success (new product sales and profits)
- Better return on investment
- Better in-company project success (speed, scope, prioritization, and budget)
- Greater portfolio visibility enabling better governance agility
- Improved in-company cross-functional team collaboration
- Improved collaboration with external development partners
SPEAKER – BALJIT SINGH
Advisor | Innovator | Collaborator | Executor
Baljit Singh has been fortunate to be part of teams that have brought innovation and game changer product & services to the market. He has experience in building successful product and services companies. Leadership and General Management expertise in developing and implementing business strategy, leading sales and marketing functions and building motivated teams in turn-around environments. Baljit has a degree in Micro-Electronics (making of computer chips) from Rochester Institute of Technology, New York.
- He was part of the team that brought the Accelerometer Chip, the chip that controls Airbags in cars.
- He led the efforts to bring the world’s first automated fuzzy logic defect classification system for the semiconductor industry.
- Developed New Business Development & Innovation process and due to his efforts, a new age Solar business was incubated.
- Led the cost optimization efforts where a saving of over $350 million was achieved in less than six months.
- Led the application development with initial customers and guiding the R&D to bring the world’s fully automated Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) to the market.
- Founded a service and a data analytics company (fuzzy logic /neural products) products for semiconductor market.
Baljit now assists companies in building their Innovation journey, mentors & coaches on developing their strategy and business development partnership.